After creating a gadget/fashion icon in the original MOTORAZR, Motorola has upped the ante with the new RAZR2 V8 with cutting edge technology and enhanced features that make it even easier to use. It features 512 MB of internal flash memory, quad-band GSM connectivity for roaming the globe, and quick downloads via the EDGE data network. It's fully loaded with an arsenal of digital tools, including a 2-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth connectivity for streaming music and photo printing, dual color LCD screens, e-mail access, digital audio player, and full duplex speakerphone. And speaking of cutting edge, the phone's stainless steel internal frame and cast aluminum housing support makes the RAZR2 V8 stronger and more durable than its predecessor.
This unlocked cell phone can be used with a GSM network service provider and it provides quad-band connectivity (850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz). It does not come with a SIM card, and it requires that you provide a SIM card for usage with your selected service provider.
Sleeker, smarter, stronger: the RAZR2 V8 boasts a durable stainless steel frame and chemically hardened glass displays.
Designed to be even sharper than before, the RAZR2 V8 shaves two millimeters from the original MOTORAZR. Its one-piece housing has no parting lines (meaning fewer chances of break points) and the cast aluminum hinge underwent more than 100,000 lab tests to ensure durability. Even the exterior camera lens is stronger, as it is made with chemically hardened glass. Despite its slimmer profile, the RAZR2 V8 offers enhanced dual screens that make the phone seem larger. The 2.2-inch internal screen offers twice the resolution of the original MOTORAZR while the 2-inch external screen is great for checking caller photo ID, easily reading incoming text messages, and controlling music playback through onscreen controls. Other Motorola-engineered enhancements include:
- Upgraded Interface: With the redesigned, more intelligent interface, you'll be able to search for contacts faster and avoid duplicate entries for the same person while allowing contacts to have multiple numbers. The customizable main menu means you're never more than 2 to 3 clicks away from your favorite applications. And text messaging is easier, with the V8 recognizing what type of message you are sending.
- CrystalTalk Technology: This innovative feature automatically accounts for background noise during a call and adjusts the audio quality based on ambient noise conditions to provide the optimal conversational experience. CrystalTalk also reduces the volume of the background noise picked up by the microphone during a call, making it possible to be more easily heard over the phone while in a noisy environment.
- Talk to Me: Originally designed to address the needs of those with vision impairment, the RAZR2 V8 is able to read the phone's interactive menus, contacts, messages and more aloud--adding convenience to your on-the-go lifestyle. SMS messages on the phone can be read and replied to with pre-programmed text messages without ever having to open up the flip.
- Haptics: Motorola has incorporated breakthrough haptics technology--an interface that creates tactile feedback--that provides vibrating feedback in response to your finger taps. When combined with the virtual music keys, the haptics technology helps you to effortlessly control music playback.
The 2-megapixel camera includes an 8x digital zoom and it can automatically snap up to eight new pictures--letting you choose the best image from a complete series of pictures. You can even print photos wirelessly to a Bluetooth-compatible printer with just a few menu selections. It provides four resolution choices (from 320 x 240 to 1600 x 1200 pixels) and also features a self-timer, free memory space indicator, color effects, night mode for low-light shots, and five shutter sounds (with a silent mode).
The RAZR2 V8 is also an impressive video camcorder, providing up to QCIF resolution (176 x 144 pixels). It also gives you the option of choosing the video format, which offers different frame rates--25 fps for MPEG and H263 and 15 fps for WMV and Real. You can record video for as long as you have available space on the internal memory.
Control music playback with the virtual digital audio player buttons on the V8's external screen, which includes tactile feedback.
This phone provides Bluetooth version 2.0 wireless connectivity with EDR (enhanced data rate), and includes profiles for communication headset, handsfree car kits, and audio/video remote control. With the A2DP Bluetooth profile, you can stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones. You can connect your laptop (either via Bluetooth or wired USB) and enjoy dial-up networking--surf the Internet, send email, and access files from a server.
The RAZR2 V8 features a full HTML browser (Opera 8.5) that takes advantage of high-speed wireless data connections for faster, bigger and richer web surfing experience. Built-in e-mail functionality (POP/IMAP/SMTP) combined with MobileSync software provides easy, PC-like access to both personal and corporate e-mail accounts and calendars.
Other features include:
- Instant messaging via AOL, Yahoo!, MSN, and ICQ
- Up to 1000 contact entries, each with up to six numbers and two email addresses
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity (version 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate) with profiles for communication headsets, handsfree, stereo music streaming, audio/video remote control, printing, dial-up networking, and file transfer
- USB 2.0 wired connectivity, with mass storage capability
- Polyphonic and MP3 ringtones
- Voice command and dialing, as well as ability to record voice memos
- PIM functions including calendar, calculator, alarm clock, and world clock
The RAZR2 V8 weighs 3.8 ounces and measures 4.1 x 2.1 x 0.5 inches. Its mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 8 hours of talk time, and up to 11 days of digital standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies.
Customer Review: Manual not in English
Product is good, but battery seems to run out too early. Also manual came in some eastern european language! No english manual available which wasn't mentioned in product description.
Customer Review: verry good
This moto v8 is verry good phone.any one want to buy this, please buy us prodecut.don,t buy internationl.beacuse you have to buy us charger.overall moto v8 is the best.