With a sleek aluminium finish, the Nokia 5310 XpressMusic phone blends an array of music playback features with tri-band GSM connectivity and a 2-megapixel camera. This phone has a dedicated audio chip that helps it produce crystal-clear sound from a wide variety of digital audio file formats stored on optional MicroSD memory cards, and it provides up to 20 hours of music playback. The 5310 also includes an FM radio. It features dedicated music playback controls along the side of the phone, next to the brightly colorful 2-inch LCD screen. Other features include Bluetooth connectivity for both stereo music streaming and communication headsets, full Opera Mini web browser, access to your email (with support for viewing attachments), and up to 5 hours of talk time.
Nokia's 5310 XpressMusic phone offers dedicated playback keys and a wide range of format compatibility (including secure WMA).
Measuring just 0.39 inches thin and weighing 2.5 ounces, the svelte candybar-style 5310 has a standard keypad, five-way navigator, send/end keys, and two soft keys, as well as music playback buttons (play/pause, reverse, forward) set on the left side of the LCD. The 2-inch screen has a 240 x 320-pixel resolution and support for 16.7 million colors. The phone also includes a mini-USB connection and a 3.5mm headphone jack at the bottom. It has an internal 30 MB memory (which can be expanded up to 4 GB using optional MicroSD memory cards), and the phone book can store up to 2000 contacts (each with three numbers and one text field).
The 5310 provides the ultimate music playback experience from a mobile phone. You'll be able to play virtually any file, thanks to compatibility with MP3, MP4, AAC, eAAc+, and WMA as well as secure WMA songs purchased from Internet music stores. It also offers easy synchronization with Windows Media Player 10 and 11. Listen, create playlists, and manage your music within the 5700
Thin (9.9mm), classic design with aluminium side panels.
Other music-related features include up to 20 hours of playback time, album art display and audio visualizations, and enhanced audio controls (5-band graphical equalizer, stereo widening, loudness, and balance). You'll also be able to listen to your favorite radio station with the integrated FM tuner.
The integrated Bluetooth technology (version 2.0) allows handsfree communication with a compatible headset as well as the ability to exchange files with another Bluetooth compatible device. And, with the A2DP Bluetooth profile, you can stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones. Additionally, you can connect to your PC using infrared or USB.
The 5310 offers a full range of email, text, and multimedia messaging options. It includes support for IMAP4, POP3, and SMTP email, plus support for attachments such as DOC, PDF, XLS, JPEG, 3GP, and MP3. In addition to SMS text and MMS multimedia messaging, this phone incorporates Nokia Xpress audio messaging, which allows you to personalize messages in a spontaneous and creative way. By using a specially designed menu, an audio message can be recorded and sent with only a few clicks of a button. Xpress audio messages can be sent to all MMS-enabled GSM handsets, and can also be shared with multiple recipients.
Other features include:
- 2-megapixel digital camera captures still images up to 1600 x 1200 pixels and includes a 4x digital zoom
- Airplane mode allows you to safely use the non-wireless functions of a phone (music, games, or organizer functions) on an airplane during flight or in other situations where you need to turn off your cellular connection.
- T9 predictive text entry technology makes it easier for you to enter words and text on handsets
- Ringtone compatibility: 64-chord polyphonic; MIDI, AAC, eAAC+, MP3, MP4, and WMA formats; video ringtones
- Synchronize with MS Outlook contacts, calendar, and notes
- Organizer: Alarm clock, calendar, to-do list, notes, calculator, stopwatch and countdown timer; calendar provides up to 3000 entries with week view functionality including reminder, memo, call, and birthday notes
- 3rd Edition Series 40 user interface with Active Standby
- Opera Mini web browser with XHTML and WAP compatibility
- Bluetooth profiles: A2DP (stereo music streaming), AVRC (remote control), HFP (hands-free car kits), HSP (communication headsets), DUN (dial-up networking), FTP (file transfer), HID (support for mice or joysticks), OPP (object push for business cards, calendar items, and pictures), PAN (personal area networking)
The Nokia 5310 weighs 2.48 ounces and measures 4.09 x 1.76 x 0.39 inches. Its 860 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5 hours of talk time, and up to 300 hours of digital standby time. It runs on the 850/1800/1900 GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies. This phone comes with a one-year warranty from a third party provider.
Customer Review: outstanding purchase! no regrets!!
The phone is amazing. It's simple, yet very entertaining. Camera takes nice pictures, but there is a small delay after a shot. I'm not sure if it's a setting I must change. However, it is still a nice purchase. Handy mp3 player, as well. The price was incredible. I think I might have gotten it at the lowest price. =)
Customer Review: good phone
I recently bought this phone and it works great. has signal everywhere where my other phone sony erricsson 580i does. very easy to click pictures and play music.