A great choice for business road warriors who want to stay on top of both their professional and personal lives, the Palm Treo Pro features a new, streamlined design and Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional operating system. Packed with a wide range of connectivity options, you'll be able to access email and documents via tri-mode 3G reception and Wi-Fi as well as navigate to new destinations with the built-in GPS mapping. And with the power of the updated Windows Mobile 6.1 operating system, you'll stay easily connected to your business and personal data on the go with support for a wide variety of email accounts as well as the ability to edit Microsoft Office documents.
The streamlined Palm Treo Pro runs the Windows Mobile 6.1 operating system and includes integrated Wi-Fi and GPS.
This unlocked cell phone can be used with a GSM network service provider and it provides quad-band connectivity (850/900/1800/1900 MHz). It also offers tri-band 3G connectivity (850/1900/2100 MHz), which makes it compatible with UMTS/HSDPA 3G networks in both the United States and in international territories. It does not come with a SIM card, and it requires that you provide a SIM card for usage with your selected service provider. This phone comes with a one-year warranty from a third party provider.
The Treo Pro smartphone, based on the popular Windows Mobile platform, offers a number of enhancements to help you optimize your cellular and organizational life. The screen saver lets you know at a glance what time it is and whethere you have any new SMS/MMS messages, the center button flashes when you receive a new voicemail, and you can perform web searches directly from the Today screen (which collects your appointments and tasks for the day). In addition to dedicated email and calendar buttons, the large color touchscreen (320 x 320 pixels, 65K colors) gives you one more way to access the applications you use most--just tap the screen to navigate without scrolling through menus.
Enjoy your favorite tunes and videos on the go, and store them on optional MicroSD memory cards.
Carry your calendar, contacts, tasks and notes, so you're prepared and organized wherever you go. You can sync with Outlook, accept meeting invites, look up people in your company's directory, or set an Out of Office email reply when you're away from your computer. Stay on top of your latest Outlook email on your touchscreen thanks to Microsoft Direct Push Technology. You can also access your Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo! mail accounts and view graphics and links in HTML email.
This phone provides Bluetooth version 2.0 wireless connectivity, and includes profiles for communication headset, handsfree car kits, audio/video remote control, and printing. With the A2DP Bluetooth profile, you can stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones. You can also use the Treo Pro as a modem for your PC using Bluetooth to connect to 3G connectivity.
Other features include:
- With Internet Explorer Mobile, you can access your company data in seconds, check the latest news or sports scores, and stream audio or video without annoying pauses and delays.
- Boost productivity by adding an expense tracker, shopping list, or any of the other applications made for the Windows Mobile Professional platform.
- Use Windows Media Player Mobile to listen to music or podcasts on the train to work as well as watch video.
- Chat-style messaging lets you keep track of the entire conversation.
- 2-megapixel camera with 8x digital zoom and video capture
- MicroUSB 2.0 for synchronizing with PC and charging
- Digital audio: MP3, WMA, AAC formats supported
- 3.5mm stereo headset jack
- Memory: 256 MB (100 MB user available), 128 MB RAM
Lower Costs, Increased Productivity
With Treo Pro, businesses can quickly and easily deploy a secure, low-cost and compatible infrastructure for their mobile workforce by taking advantage of a tightly integrated Palm and Windows Mobile 6.1 solution, including:
- Microsoft Direct Push Technology -- Direct connection to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP2 or 2007 gives users up-to-date email, contacts and calendars.
- Microsoft System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008 -- With the deployment of Mobile Device Manager, the Treo Pro can deliver increased security, easier smartphone management, and access to information on the corporate network. IT professionals can confidently manage large Treo Pro deployments.
- Thousands of applications available for Windows Mobile -- Businesses can extend mobility beyond email to optimize business processes.
- Support and training -- Palm shortcuts make Treo Pro so easy to use, businesses can spend less on training and support for their users. End-to-end enterprise support means companies can expand the scope of their mobile deployments without putting a strain on internal support personnel.
- Familiar Windows experience -- Users can browse the web with built-in Internet Explorer Mobile; open, view, and edit Word and Excel compatible files; review PowerPoint presentations and PDF files; and open ZIP files remotely.
ActiveSync; Adobe Reader LE; Bluetooth; Bubble Breaker; Calculator; Calendar; Communications Manager; Contacts; File Explorer; Get WorldMate; GoogleMaps; Internet Explorer Mobile; Messaging; Microsoft Office Mobile including Excel Mobile, OneNote Mobile, PowerPoint Mobile, and Word Mobile; My Treo; Notes; Pics & Videos; QuickGPS; Quick Tour; SIM Manager; Solitaire; Sprite Backup; Streaming Media; Tasks; Telenav; Voice Command; Windows Live; Windows Live Messenger; Windows Media Player Mobile
The Palm Treo Pro weighs 4.69 ounces and measures 4.5 x 2.36 x 0.53 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5 hours of talk time, and up to 250 hours of digital standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as 850/1900/2100 MHz UMTS/HSDPA 3G frequencies.
Powered by Windows Mobile 6.1
Microsoft's Windows Mobile 6.1 offers a number of handy features that make searching through email, editing Microsoft Office documents, and staying on top of your most important communications even easier. Emails can now be viewed in their original rich HTML format and now offer the ability to visit embedded links. It also includes Windows Live for Windows Mobile, which provides a full set of Windows Live services, such as the Windows Live Messenger IM application, which now enables you to chat with more than one person at one time or send a file.
With Windows Mobile 6.1, your phone will finally be able to emulate the power and features of your PC's Microsoft Office suite. You'll be able to neatly view, navigate and edit Word documents and Excel spreadsheets in their original formatting--without affecting tables, images or text--as well as view PowerPoint presentations.
- Microsoft Office Word Mobile features include spell-check, Find and Replace commands, bulleted lists, text formatting, and support for tables for the first time.
- With Excel Mobile, you're not just confined to editing charts: with the new Chart Wizard you can create charts quickly and easily.
- PowerPoint Mobile allows you to view the full presentation, rehearse timings, check the order and any live links you may have in your presentation. You can then email comments back to the team or communicate via MSN Messenger for an immediate response.
- After creating or editing a Word document or Excel spreadsheet, you can synchronize it with your PC and it will automatically be converted to the PC version.
All Windows Mobile 6.1 powered devices include Direct Push Technology for up-to-date e-mail delivery and automatic synchronization of Outlook calendars, tasks and contacts through Microsoft Exchange Server. It also offers a set of important device security and management features that include the capability to remotely wipe all data from a device should it be lost or stolen, helping ensure that confidential information remains that way.
Customer Review: Palm Treo Pro
I bought it because of the Wi-Fi. Damn it though it's too much like the rest of the "Gates" Windows junk. Not very easy to learn compared to the Treo 680 I've been using for years. Not user friendly.....I wish Palm still used it's "Palm" OS ---- Windows Mobile is for the birds.
Customer Review: Great Phone, But It Freezes
This was a great buy and worth the money but it freezes and the battery cover is not very easy to remove! My right thumb went black and blue trying to remove it.